Last Friday, as the kids and I were bringing in the groceries, we heard it....the sound that brightens the hearts of young kids everywhere....the ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!! I quickly corralled the kids together and told them to wait for the truck at the end of the driveway while I frantically searched for the money in my purse while holding Gideon. Finally, as the truck came around the corner, the kids were jumping up and down at the end of the driveway, I got my money out and they were each able to get their first "ice cream truck" ice cream. Andrew got a Batman one, Emily got a Pink Panther one, and Matthew got a Turtle one. They all enjoyed them greatly, but I believe Matthew enjoyed his the most since he still had green from his ice cream on him the next day. This is one memory I doubt they will soon forget, and one that probably won't happen again for a LONG time (ice cream truck ice cream is EXPENSIVE!!!)
My Grandpa
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment