SKINNER FAMILY ADVENTURES

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A first time for everything...

Okay, so Leonard and I have been married for almost 8 years now, and last night was the first time we made supper together. I was in the kitchen making spaghetti sauce, and here comes Leo walking in the kitchen to see what I was making. He noticed I was making my "homemade" sauce and decided to help me out a little bit. I do not even remember all the stuff he put in there....I kept thinking, you do not put lemon juice into spaghetti sauce, but in it went. I thought, you do not put paprika seasoning into the sauce, but in it went....I just knew it would not turn out right. But to my surprise, it was one of the best spaghetti sauces I had ever tasted. I highly doubt we could ever make the same sauce again, because I have NO IDEA what all went in it, but it was good. I must say, I honestly doubted Leonard's ability to accomplish such a task, but was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. It was also fun just for the two of us to be together in the kitchen. So, I guess men can cook huh, Emily.

2 comments:

Misty Sparks :) said...

That's so funny!!! Reminds me that I need to make up something homemade... then tell Chad to cook it once a month for us *ha, ha*

Raquel said...

Ha! That is awesome, Nikki! Now I feel like eating spaghetti.